What is ElixirCamp?
ElixirCamp is a place for people interested in Elixir, Erlang and related technologies to gather, network, share ideas and generally have a great time. While there's a general focus on Elixir developers, techy people of any background are encouraged to attend.
You should come to ElixirCamp if:
- You like Elixir; or
- You're interested in web technologies; or
- You want to play werewolf; or
- You've got a weekend project you really want to work on
Lord Somers Camp is located approximately a one hour drive from Melbourne, on the southern side of the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria.
The local area hosts fantastic wildlife parks, natural and indigenous vegetation, hot springs, local wineries, and heaps more.
Elixir Camp is excited to announce a limited number of diversity tickets, at a discounted price of $100. Available for people from under-represented groups including women, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and people facing economic or social hardships.
Direct message @elixircamp_au to discuss availability.
Food and Beverages
ElixirCamp will supply meals and snacks during the weekend, as well as tea, coffee and soft drinks.
Alcoholic beverages are not included in the ticket price, however the bus will be stopping at a bottle shop to allow attendees to purchase drinks if they so desire.
Please bring along any extra snacks you would like.
Essentials to pack
- a sleeping bag or the like.
- a pillow case.
- a towel (or two).
- clothes for mild to cool weather.
- computer gear and chargers.
- toiletries for the weekend.
- download any packages, libraries and software you might want to use on a camp project. It's best to be prepared.
- any snacks you might like to bring along.
- games to play with others. Werewolf, Avalon, Cards against Humanity, Flux, and Poker have all featured at previous camps.
If you're late, delayed or otherwise miss the bus, don't worry we'll make sure you can get to camp. But please do try not to be late! If you have concerns please respond to this email directly. If you have issues earlier on Friday feel free to tweet @elixircamp_au or text/call Martin on 0416 156 356.
You can contact the camp on 0248696700 in case of an emergency or simply to contact me if my phone isn't responding.
Interested in sponsoring? Get in contact!
We'll have talks scheduled to run on Saturday from 11am and 2pm, and again on Sunday at the same times.
Lightning talks - sign up at camp!
Code of Conduct
ElixirCamp aims to be a welcoming and inclusive event.
You can view our code of conduct. These rules must be followed by all attendees.
ElixirCamp3 is be brought to you by these folks: